Pancake Day - Skinny Pancake Toppers

2 comments

Happy Pancake Day! I've always been a huge huge pancake fan. I remember having my first ever pancake. It was in Orlando, Florida in Disney's Celebration village in the café there. As a family we've visited Florida many times and it's tradition to always go to this same cafe and I always got a short stack of Blueberry Pancakes. 

The Café in Celebration, Orlando
When I started dieting I thought that I would never ever get to eat pancakes ever again =(. This is yet another reason why Tone It Up is an absolute life saver! Yes you CAN have pancakes on a diet! To celebrate Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) I'm going to post my Skinny Pancake Toppings to help you out this evening! 

To start here is the basic Tone It Up Pancake recipe that I use day in day out. 

Ingredients
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Flaxseed
1/4 Cup Egg Whites (or the white of 1 egg)
Lots of Cinnamon (I love it so I use loads but the recipe asks for 1 tsp)
Handful of Blueberries

Method
Mix all ingredients together 
Spray pan with 0 cal oil
Cook on one side until bubbles appear
Flip and cook until done!

Toppings
I'll warn you now, I've not been very creative with names - just stuck 'Skinny' in front of the old ones hehe

Skinny Lemon and Sugar Pancakes!


The Juice of 1 Lemon
Sprinkling of Powdered Stevia

Skinny Nutella Pancakes!

Melt some dark chocolate and leave to cool so it starts to solidify but not totally
Add 1/2 teaspoon of Hazlenut extract/essence to mixture

Skinny Blueberry Pancakes!
(Can be used for any berry)
Put 3 part Stevia, 1 part water in a pan
Add 1 cup of the berry of your choice
Cook until your chosen consistency! 

Skinny Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes!
These are Skinny already! (without the butter in the picture)

Add Cinnamon to Pancake Mix
Poach Apples in some water (adding stevia)

Skinny Pancake Butter!

Use Almond Butter instead!



There you have it! Let me know if you try any and what you think! 

Happy Pancake Day! 

(PS - I can't believe I used to eat that many pancakes!! Whattttt!)






2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Those look delicious :) I am so excited to try some of these... bought a lemon this week just so I could try the lemon pancakes :) YUM! TIU pancakes rock!

    littlemissjacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Tomorrow, I'm having pancakes ...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.