MY LIFE | Nespresso U&Milk Review

Leave a Comment

If  you saw my Summer Wishlist post, you'll know that I've been lusting after a Nespresso machine for quite a while. My roommate in Arizona got one for Christmas last year and my neighbour had one that I helped myself to a lot of mornings! It was quite hard to adjust to being Nespresso-less once I got back to the UK!



So, it took just over two weeks after I got back for me to order one of my own! I spent those two weeks extensively researching. I was really having difficulty deciding between the Nespresso Inissia  or the CitiZ. I knew I wanted one with an Aeroccino machine as Latte's are my absolute favourite.

I eventually settled on the Nespresso U as I liked how streamlined and adjustable it is. I knew I had a limited space for it to fit in so the U makes much more sense. The water tank and the Aeroccino stand are fully adjustable and rotate on a 180 degree angle to accommodate all spaces. I also chose the U over the CitiZ and Inissia because the U only needs one outlet, whereas the Inissia needs 2 (one for the coffee machine and the Aerocinno) and I decided the CitiZ was just too big.

The Nespresso U is a fully automated, one-touch system. So for that reason I also love how easy it is to operate. It has a 25 second heat up time which is activated by moving the slider on the top of the machine - the place where you put the coffee capsules. That's all you need to do! Insert a coffee capsule, close the slider and let the machine do the rest.

The U comes with 3 options in terms of the size of the coffee you want, Ristretto (25ml), Espresso (40ml) or Lungo (110ml). As far as I could tell, this is a unique feature of the U machine, all other Nespresso's come with an Espresso or Lungo setting. Again, this is also really easy to customise, thanks to the extremely sensitive touch controls.
The U is also really intelligent! It will remember the last 11 drinks you've made and will automatically start making the one you've used the most. For example, out of the last 11 drinks, if you've made 8 Lungo's, the U will begin to make a Lungo itself. If you want a different size, this is also easy to change once the brewing process has started by simply touching the size you want!

If you want more than the pre-assigned sizes, you can touch any of the three buttons along the top of the machine to continue the brew process until you have the desired amount. Simply touch again to stop the process. One of the major cons of this machine an one of the biggest reasons against buying it is that it extracts the capsule after 4 seconds following the brew completion, so if you do want more, you don't have long to press it!

The water tank holds 800ml of water which is more than enough as it's recommended that you empty the tank each night anyway. It's really just me using it in my house so it's not a big issue at all!

Every Nespresso machine comes with 16 Grand Crus capsules so you can find a flavour or flavours you like and put in a bigger order with Nespresso. I've also been trying out some Nespresso compatible capsules - I'm a student, I'll try anything to save some money! ;) So far I'm LOVING the Gourmesso Flavor Bundle I got from Amazon. All of the flavours are incredible and it's a bargain really. I need to stop buying though - I'm running out of space! I've also been trying CafePod and Carte Noir.

All in all, I'm really impressed with the machine! It's worth the investment as the quality is undeniable. It also will pay for itself in what I will save from getting lattes etc. in Starbucks when I'm out. There are cheaper alternatives out there but I'm enamoured with my Nespresso and wouldn't change it! I also like feeling like I'm turning in to a min-barista! ;)

Do you have a luxury purchase you have no regrets over?

Love Always,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.