BEAUTY | Bell Cosmetics Hypoallergenic Collection Review

2 comments

The lovely people at BeautyCrowd recently sent me Bell Cosmetics' new Hypoallergenic Collection to try out and see what I thought! Bell is a Polish brand and has only just launched in the UK, like literally today!

The line really interested me as whilst I have been diagnosed as hypoallergenic, I've never had a problem with make up - it's always been skin care that has affected me the most. I was interested to see if using hypoallergenic make up would make a difference. Even if you are not hypoallergenic, this line of products is for everyone and can be incorporated in to all routines. I'm seriously really impressed with the products! They feel incredibly high quality and for a really affordable price - the most expensive in the entire line is only £8.95.

I was sent a BB Cream, a BB powder, an eyeshadow base, a make-up base and a mascara. All of the products are dermatologist tested and approved - making them friendly for everyone. For first impressions, a full review and to see how they look - keep reading!


First Impressions

The 5 products are impeccably packaged. They feel really professional and sturdy. They also look really appealing and well thought out.

The first product I reached for was the eyeshadow base/primer. I swatched it on my hand and it was unbelievably soft. It also dried totally clear which I really appreciate as that mean's it won't interfere with any eye look I create. 

I also opened the mascara straight away and applied it to one eye - with no curling. I could not believe how it lengthened my lashes. The brush is your traditional bristle brush with no apparent shaping. However my lashes looked visibly longer and defined. 

Next I looked at the Make Up Base and it pumps much like a moisturiser. I actually found it really comparable to my Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It's a gorgeous pale pink colour and appeared to instantly lift my face. My skin looked brighter, it seemed to reduce the appearance of blemishes and much like the eyeshadow base, was unbelievably soft.

The BB Cream was next, it has a really fine opening, much like you would expect on an under eye serum. I like this though as it means you don't waste product by applying too much. I have it in the shade 02 Natural and it's a little bit light for my skin tone at the moment (I still have the Arizona glow!) but it's nothing a little powder can't fix. Coverage is definitely light-medium but that's what I look for in a BB Cream.

Finally, the BB powder really interested me. I've not used one before. It appears very light so I'm not sure I could use it as a final setting powder without looking like a ghost. Although it is sheer when I apply it to my skin. I'm excited to get ready later, create a look with these products and finish writing this post with a full review!

Full Review



I just got back from a long day at work, and I have to be honest - I'm so so surprised at just how good my face looks!! It literally looks the same as when I walked out the door. Everything is still in place and doesn't look like it's faded one bit. 

Mascara

I'm really impressed with all of the Bell products, but I have to say - the Mascara tops them ALL! It is honestly one of the best mascara's I have ever owned. It lengthens, defines and with an eyelash curler too, holds some serious curl! It did not flake or run and I got caught outside in a serious rain storm too! 

Eyeshadow Base

You need an absolute tiny amount of this to go a seriously long way! I dabbed a little bit on my eyelids and used my fingers to spread it. It's almost completely sheer so didn't interrupt my eye look at all and as I mentioned, my eyeshadow was still perfect at the end of the day. For reference, I was using a drug store (Wet n Wild trio) eyeshadow too, so you would have thought it wouldn't stay.

Make Up Base

As you will have seen in the first impressions, I had my doubts about this product being used as a primer due to its moisturising qualities. How wrong I was!! This is by far the best primer I have ever used. My make up didn't move!! I got through a downpour and a retail shift without any change in my look! It smells really lovely, it's so soft to touch and applies really well - again only using minimal amounts of product. One thing I will say is it made my skin feel a little bit tight, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. It absolutely does what it says and mattifies and smooths my skin. 

BB Cream and Powder

I've linked these two products assuming that most people would use them in conjunction with one another. The BB Cream is beautiful. A little bit pale for me, like I suspected, at the moment but it was easy to make it more of a match with some powder. If it were the right shade and I didn't need powder it provides a beautiful dewy glow, it is light-medium coverage but it covered all of my blemishes and really evened out my skin tone. Again, one of the best BB creams I've ever owned too. 
The powder is a totally sheer finishing powder and mattifies the skin. Used as a pair, you get absolutely flawless looking results. I honestly cannot sing the praises of these products enough! 

Bottom Line

If you only wanted to buy one product, I would have to say go for the mascara. If there's one product you could do without, it's probably the BB powder but that's only because the BB cream is absolutely beautiful on its own. But that's only at a push, because I truly believe every single product I've reviewed is amazing and I can't wait to use them again. I was so pleasantly surprised! Don't you just LOVE it when that happens - accessible prices for an unbelievable product! What's more, I love that all of these products were tested with consideration from a dermatologist and an ophthalmologist so I know they're not damaging my skin or eyes, which of course is important! 

Would I try more products from Bell? Absolutely. To me, this line has a total feel of high end at an incredible price point. I also LOVE the face that they're aimed towards those with sensitive skin, as especially since being diagnosed as hypoallergenic - you can never be too careful.

I can't overstate just how good each product I mentioned is and I urge you to try at least one of them too - you'll be just as surprised as I was!  

Would I recommend BeautyCrowd? 100% yes! Incredible customer service, super speedy delivery times and a whole range of products that you otherwise can't get your hands on in the UK (hello Milani Baked Blush! - insert heart eyes emoji here!!)

The products are all now available on Beauty Crowd. They launched today and range from £3.50 to £8.95 - snap them up now! 

Thank you to Beauty Crowd for allowing me the chance to fall in love with a whole new brand!

Love Always,



2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.