BEAUTY | Packing Make Up for Vacation

1 comment

As I'm writing this post, I'm getting ready to head to Greece in just over a week! As a beauty and make-up lover (yes that's a picture of some of my stash above!), I've been thinking about what make up to pack forever. Obviously, weight is going to be an issue. It's also just not practical to take your entire collection for the sake of a few weeks - or even less! Below you'll find my top tips (and the guidelines I will be applying!) for when it comes to pack your beauty products for a well earned holiday!




Face

  • Personally, I take a foundation and a BB cream, as well as setting powder. This seems excessive but I often prefer lower coverage when I'm away from home so I find myself reaching for a BB cream a lot more than foundation.

  • REMEMBER! SPF is essential. I tend to only buy base products with SPF in anyway, but if you don't you might want to consider that you're going to be exposed to the sun a lot more than normal - protect your skin!

  • Take 1 concealer only. You'll (hopefully!) be much more relaxed on holiday so those dark circles will just disappear! Sun exposure will also help clear up your skin. 

  • Consider whether or not you tan. If so, take a darker shade of foundation/BB cream etc. if you have one available to you. Higher end make up counters, such as Benefit, often carry trial sizes of their foundations, so rather than spending a fortune you can try a trial size in a deeper shade

Blush/Bronzer/Highlight

  • My golden (excuse the pun) rule is one bronzer, one highlight and two blushes - a peachy colour and a pink. A cream blush is better for a long wearing option, but consider the potential humidity also.

  • Holiday's are fantastic for going for a more bronzed look! Make the most of that tan girl! 


Eyes

  • This can be a hard one, as I love to change up my look on a daily basis. For that reason, take a good all purpose, versatile palette. For me this has to be one of the Naked Palette's. A palette from which you can create multiple different looks is essential. 

  • Eyeliner - 1. 2 if you like to experiment with colour. For example I will take my usual black liquid liner and a gorgeous aquamarine pencil liner I've fallen in love with from Kiko Cosmetics. Vacations are a great time to experiment and eyeliners are a good way to do this due to the fact they're not heavy and don't take up much room! 

  • Mascara - keep it to one. Two if you really cannot choose. You don't need them. One great all purpose mascara is all you need. Consider a waterproof one if you want to wear make up at the beach or by the pool! 

Lips

  • Again with lip products, it's ok to take multiple colour options. Get organised, when packing your clothes pick out different outfits, take three to four lip products that match the outfit's you've chosen. Cover all bases: a pink, neutral and a red or orange.

  • Also ensure to pack a lip balm with SPF, for all-the-time wear. Next to your eyes, your lips are the most sensitive area on your face. 

Extra Tips

  • Plan ahead. Visiting somewhere hot? A lot of your products may need storing in the fridge to stop them melting. I've learned the hard way when a favourite lipstick of mine fell to pieces. Consider lip creams or glosses over lip sticks. 

  • Consider packing a setting spray if you don't usually use one. If the weather is a lot hotter than you're used to or there's crazy humidity - use a setting spray to ensure your look stays put! 

  • If you're prone to overpacking, be strict with yourself, buy a nice larger make up bag (I like these ones from Ted Baker, they're a perfect size) and tell yourself that you will not take more than this bag. Do not overfill it, do not take another one.

  • One thing I will not compromise on when on holiday is my skincare routine. Although I count it more as toiletries than beauty, I will take my normal moisturisers and face washes etc. Especially if you are in the warmer weather, it's really important to keep your skin hydrated - a good moisturiser is essential. A good option, however, are minis or travel kits, like these from Soap and Glory, if you're looking to save space or just taking a carry on. 

  • Take sample size products! A lot of high end beauty counters give away sample sizes of their products, if you're not sure you want to buy. Or often, they'll throw them in for free when making a purchase. For example, I've got a ton of Urban Decay Primer Potions samples that I'll be taking with me. 

That's it! Wherever you're going this summer I hope you have a wonderful time and I hope these tips are useful to you! Where are you headed? Comment below with your favourite summer destination!

Love Always,

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Georgia! Your tips are great! Thank you for sharing them. Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.