FITNESS | BooTea Teatox Review

Leave a Comment

I would be really surprised if this was the first time you have seen a picture of a BooTea tea box! BooTea are absolutely everywhere on social media and they certainly piqued my interest. With only two weeks before leaving for Greece, my Mum and I decided to try their 14 day teatox. You know me, I do not and I will not advocate quick fixes. I'll be clear right from the start - I was not doing the teatox to lose weight! My goals were to cleanse my system, have more energy and hopefully clear up my skin which has had a hard time adjusting to the water at home. For me, any weight loss was a bonus.

To read more about my entire BooTea experience, including the end results - keep reading!




How It Works

The BooTea 14 day teatox consists of 14 morning teabags and 7 evening teabags. Obviously, you have one morning tea a day and starting on day one, an evening tea every other day. BooTea teabags are made with all natural ingredients, which really appealed to me. All of the ingredients are also listed on the packaging and the BooTea website, which I've heard is rare amongst the numerous teatoxes out there! 

The evening tea's purpose is to clean out your colon - the detoxifying effect. This means, the tea is essentially a laxative. In all honesty this terrified me. However, I've been fortunate to not suffer from any severe side effects! I've felt really mildly nauseous at random points for about five minutes throughout the teatox and I've also had some really minimal cramping - but nothing of any note to be 100% honest. BooTea state the laxative will take effect 8 hours after consumption, however for me it's been more like 12 hours and, without being totally gross and graphic, has not really been very different to normal! My fears were unnecessary!  

The morning tea is lovely. It's really refreshing and not harsh tasting at all. My mum and I both agree on that point. I've also found I'm not hungry mid-morning or craving snacks. I have also found that I'm much more energetic and I've been staying up a lot later! We've both noticed that our skin has cleared up, which I'm pleased about and I definitely feel less bloated.

Results

After two weeks of teatoxing, I'm really pleased with my results. I lost 4lbs and 5.5 inches. Two of those inches were from my stomach/abs. I also feel much better in myself, I have more energy it takes me a lot longer to get tired in the evening and Im fuller for longer! My skin is also unrecognisable. It looks so much healthier! 

BooTea do ship internationally, although I've heard there can be some delays with shipping. In the UK it's quick or you can do what I did and get it at your local Holland & Barrett store. The advisers there are excellent!

All in all, it has to be one of the easiest methods of detoxing I've ever done. The tea is really enjoyable and I had such minimal side effects that I would absolutely recommend it. I would definitely do it again. I really enjoyed the teas and I'm missing them in my daily routine! The whole detox was incredibly easy to do.

Remember though, that everyBODY is different so just because I had such a good time with it doesn't mean that you will. Do your research. Make this only ONE of the blog posts or reviews you read. Scour every part of the BooTea website so you know exactly what you're getting yourself in for. For example, if you take the pill as a method of birth control, the tea WILL interfere with it - something you need to be aware of. Just be sensible and if you experience any severe side effects - consult a doctor! Also be aware that certain medical professionals have said that detoxing in general is not essential for your body and can actually be detrimental. I respect any professional opinion but remember that there will always be different opinions and studies out there.

Would you ever consider a teatox? I've been so sceptical but I have to say I really really enjoyed my BooTea teatox and I would absolutely do it again and I'm interested in trying other products from the brand!

Love Always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.