TRAVEL | Two Weeks of Luxury in Kefalonia, Greece

Leave a Comment

Hello loves! I've just gotten back from two weeks on the beautiful Greek island of Kefalonia and I can't wait to share some of my pictures and my experience with you! I visited with my family and my boyfriend and we stayed in a gorgeously serene 4 bedroom villa in the hills of Agia Efimia. The food was delicious, the weather was amazing and I've come home with memories to last a life-time. See below for more!


We stayed in the beautiful Villa Zephyros and it could not have been more of a home away from home. With an outdoor kitchen, ping pong table as well as personal touches such as L'Occitane toiletries and a Nespresso machine; our stay was incredible. The pool was the perfect temperature, the sun loungers were the most comfortable I've ever laid on and the numerous outdoor areas made for the perfect Grecian trip.

We were very lazy and didn't venture out much during the day at all. We mostly stayed by the pool in the morning, had lunch in the villa and then went out to to discover local beaches (and the amazing snorkelling!) in the afternoon. We had two exploration days! We visited the port of Fiskardo and the beautiful Myrtos Beach on one day, and on another we rented a boat and anchored at incredible private beaches along the island - I can now add a boat to the list of things I can drive hehe!

We ate out almost every night in the local village. Prices were unbelievably cheap and 8 of us were eating out for about 125 euros, including lots of drinks and two courses. The food was delicious - particularly the local specials such as the Moussaka or Soutzoukakia. We also became big fans of 'Giant Beans' (Butter Beans in a tomato sauce) and Skordalia  (garlic infused mash potatoes) and ordered them on a regular basis! Not forgetting, of course, the nightly Margarita or Cosmopolitan!

To me, Kefalonia is one of those takes-your-breath-away places. You look out at the vast landscapes and vistas and wonder if it's all real. The blues are so blue and they're everywhere! It's so pretty it's indescribable - you just can't put it in to words. I can recommend the island of Kefalonia to anyone. The people are lovely, it's so cheap and the views are just breath-taking. For more photos, check out my Instagram page!

Where are you headed this summer? Comment below!

Love Always,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.