NUTRITION | Daily Diet Rundown: Clean Eating

Leave a Comment

This post is intended to help inspire you if you're looking to start to clean up your diet, or looking for new ideas. I have been a clean eating advocate for many years now and I by far feel the best in myself when I stick to a diet similar to the one I will list below. 

I have been a member of the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan for almost 4 years and their emphasis is on lean, clean and green. This means lean proteins, clean in terms of avoiding processed foods and green speaks for itself - lots of veggies!! I try and stick to this philosophy as much as possible.
As you will see below, I eat 5 smaller meals a day, rather than three bigger ones. Eating with smaller intervals keeps your metabolism burning and therefore burning more calories, as well as ensuring I'm less likely to snack on unhealthy foods during the day as I'm eating more frequently. 




Breakfast (Before 9am)


I tend to rotate three breakfasts; Greek yogurt with a nutritious granola (no added sugar with high fibre added or I'll make my own), porridge (oatmeal) with honey or agave nectar or a a Perfect Fit Protein Pancake (click HERE for recipe).

Mid Morning Snack (11.30am)

At 11.30 I will make a green smoothie. I listed some of my favourite recipes in this blog post. I tend to ensure I'm eating some fruit and getting a serving of protein with this meal so I will add Greek yogurt or protein powder. I also use almond or coconut milk as they have more protein than regular skimmed milk.

Lunch (1.30pm)

My lunch is almost always a salad. I layer my favourite leaves (rocket and romaine at the moment!) with a few nuts and seeds with either tinned tuna or a chicken breast or ground turkey. In terms of dressing, I will only ever have home made. Store bought dressings are more often than not loaded with calories and hidden sugars and chemicals. See THIS post for my homemade Caesar dressing. I will also often add quinoa to my salads for an extra protein serving.

Mid Afternoon Snack (4.30pm)

This meal is almost always exclusively veggies and hummus or gluten free rice cakes and hummus. I am a total hummus junkie. When I lived in the U.S. I made my own (see HERE for recipe ideas) but in the UK I lean towards store bought.
I also more often than not have a few cups of green tea in the afternoons. My current favourite is Strawberry and Vanilla flavoured.

Dinner (Before 7.30)

This is where I get the most variety as this meal will change daily. However most often there is a protein serving (meat or fish) with veggies cooked in various ways and with various sauces! For recipe ideas for this meal I love looking at the Tone It Up or Skinnytaste websites. If I have starchy carbohydrates it is also normally at this meal as I usually go to the gym in the evenings. I stick to wholewheat pasta and brown rice, avoiding white pastas/breads etc. at all costs.


That's it! I hope this has given you some ideas when it comes to clean eating. It really is very simple to nourish your body in this way and I never feel better than when I'm fuelling my lifestyle with a clean diet plan.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Love always, 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.